Opportunities to Volunteer Year-Round
We are seeking some very specific volunteers skills if you are interested in helping please contact, Quana at email@example.com.
- Someone tech savvy that can help us with our website/newsletter. We update the website occasionally and are making a plan for the newsletter moving forward.
- Someone with event planning/fundraising skills. We would like to create a yearly annual fundraising event inviting the community to participate.
We are also seeking board members. If you are interested please download and fill out a board application form. Scan and email the completed copy to Dana Hendershot, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opportunities to Volunteer when the Shelter is Open
Please email Quana at email@example.com your Sign Up Sheet if you would like to volunteer.
Our next volunteer training will be February 11, 2016 at the Veteran’s Memorial Library annex at 7:15pm.
All volunteers must be able to show a valid ID. A parent or legal guardian must accompany volunteers under the age of 18. However, volunteers must be at least 12 years old in order to work in the Shelter. Please provide the following information for our records and where you would like to contribute your efforts to. The information will also contribute to a background check that will be provided by ICRH. Here are the details of each ICRH volunteer shift option:
- Overnight supervision: 9:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. (in shifts), maintain the security and well-being of guests, supervise smoking breaks, organize and monitor evening entertainment, supervise use of medications, and other tasks that arise
- Dinner: Serve dinner to guests and staff and clean up afterwards
- Evening Host: Help with checking in guests, assigning bedding, mingling with guests during the evening.
- Morning clean up: 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., ensure that all guest possessions, mats, and anything else used for shelter purposes are stored away and that the host site is neat and clean after guests leave
- Transportation of supplies: Sunday mornings, and Sunday afternoons, transport supplies and equipment, such as mats and totes, from one host site to another
- Shower supervision: Supervise the transportation of guests to shower facility when showers are not available at host site (times may vary)
- Help with intake: 5:15-6:45 at Welcome Center.
- Emergency back-up: When needed for any task
You can view our Volunteer Training Videos here! Sign-up to volunteer below.